Monday, November 1, 2010

Echelon Edge

So I had a very good friend tell me to update my blog....so here goes:
Life will be taking a pretty big turn for us in the next few weeks, I will be starting school AGAIN, full time this time (Mon-Sat 9am-5pm)!!! I know there are some of you out there, saying 'What the heck? Again?!?' YES, my friends, again!
I am going to a school called Echelon Edge, Academy of Hair, Skin and Nails


YES, I am going back to beauty school....now, before ya'll say 'THAT'S CRAZY' hear me out. I DID go to school to do nails when I was 20 (14 years ago aaaahhhhh) and I have always felt like I did it 'wrong' the first time around, and as with most things in my life, I learn the hard way. So in my search to find a passion for something I kept coming back to this.  So I did it! I enrolled in the Cosmetology program at Echelon Edge Academy after a THOROUGH search of about 7 different schools. I am SO excited to do it right this time. After I'm done with the Cosmetology program (which take 12 months) I will be enrolling into the 'Medical Esthetics' program (an additional 4 moths).  So.....I will be needing people to volunteer to be models for ALL kinds of things, from getting nails done, to getting your hair cut and/or colored, from a simple facial to laser hair removal.
I am blessed to have a VERY supportive husband. I also have in-laws (who live with us) willing to watch my kids full time for the next 16months, I wouldn't be able to do it with out them.

4 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Awesome. Way to go you. I am so proud of you. and WHAT your in-laws live with you now??? When did that happen. Hey when you are done we could open our little shop..you do all your stuff I can do massages!! :) Congrats!

Channi said...

Yes, please!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Channi! I wish when I was in cosmetology school that I did things different to but defently don't have it in me to go back! lol I wish I left school with much more knowledge than I did but you do learn sooo much being out in the work place. Sounds like Donna and DD are coming in handy!

Tiercy said...

OMGosh! I will be you ginuea pig for any and all of it!!! I am so excited for you especially because you are passionate about it. You will ROCK!